Monday, November 28, 2011

Deck the Halls!

It's the most wonderful time of the year again! Time to dust off the trees that have been stored in our basements, and bring out the bulbs and garlands to decorate their bare branches. Time to turn on the Christmas music and fall into a pool of nostalgia as we all remember and cherish those simple traditions from our childhoods. We feel that spark of joy--that sense of foreshadowing--there's something amazing that's coming! Whether if we are 1 or 92, I think we all really *can* feel the excitement. It's not just excitement for what lies under the tree either... It's that sense that we are all on the brink--we are constantly changing and bringing new things to the world, and of course, if one is Christian, he will be looking forward to the second coming as well--which is really exciting! But even if one is not Christian, this time of year is really exciting because it is so symbolic of preparation. Even though the world is covered in snow, and everything seems dormant and dead, he will  know that there is that promise of life, or Spring--which in South Dakota is *at least* six months from now, hahha!

So, yes, there are some amazing things to come, and that is the joy of living--knowing that there is so much to be hopeful for. One thing that I was reminded of though (which I saw on my lovely new addiction called Pinterest hehe) was this: "we must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us". I'm not sure who's brilliant words these are, but they are so wise and true. It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind and to lose focus of the everyday joys. What I strive to do is to make every day memorable in some small way. Then I sit down at night and think of all of the things that I have to be thankful for, and how those small memorable things have impacted my day. It really helps me to feel a larger purpose, and it helps me to appreciate every single day :)

So to help make this year's Christmas a bit more memorable, I bought my very first Christmas Tree! :D It's not exactly traditional, but it definitely does embody my style. I really had fun buying all of the trimmings, and then hanging all of the decorations on it. It really is a show-stopper in my room, and I will use it for many years to come. It has already brought me a lot of joy, and I hope it can bring you some Christmas cheer too! :) I really had fun capturing some pictures of my room, and some of the other decorations that I've put up as well. I'm really *trying* to get better at taking my own pictures ;) So any feedback, or advice, would be appreciated! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment