Tuesday, November 8, 2011

College Gal Confessions: I'm Thankful

It's that time of year again where everyone is starting to think about about the things they are thankful for, and I've got to say, I've got quite the list! Almost every day I am so blessed with so many wonderful opportunities to be around my family, my friends, my professors, and even my coworkers! That alone is so much to be thankful for, and I know this a little mushy-gushy, but I am truly so blessed to have such a great school to attend, and to have a job that provides me with the money I need to pay for school, clothes, and pretty much everything else except room and board--although that will also be coming out of my pocketbook in about 6 months or so!

I will be honest with you though, it's not always easy to be so thankful for my education and my job. This last weekend was definitely an example of that! Not only did I have massive amounts of homework, I also had to work for 13 hours over the course of the weekend! Of course the homework was all assigned on Friday and due Monday, too. I'm not trying to complain, but seriously, I thought I was going to keel over from either lack of sleep or from complete, utter overwhelmingess! (Haha, I know that's not a word, but it definitely describes how I felt!) Many of you may think that I never get overwhelmed or discouraged, but I can guarantee you that even I have days where I just want to crawl back into my bed and do nothing the whole day. I'm not a perfect person, and I know that. I'm human, and I make mistakes too. Sure, I offer some advice posts in my blog, but I'm never trying to claim that I know everything. I'm just opening up a discussion, and maybe trying to help some of you see the world a *little* bit differently. So, even if I can just bring a slightly new perspective, or spark a few ideas, I feel like I've accomplished something far greater than myself.

I am so thankful that so many of you have found enjoyment in these posts, and I appreciate all of your support! I never realized how uplifting it could feel to be a part of this blogger community. It's really nice to be able to put myself out here, unedited, and to have people actually, sometimes, *like* the pieces that I've written! So yeah, maybe I sometimes still need a little validation, but I'm not ashamed to admit it! LOL :) So, thank you again, for letting me be real. I really couldn't ask for much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment