Friday, February 7, 2014

Tripping


Have you ever noticed that just when you think you've got the hang of something, it kind of tends to fall in your face? 

Ugh. I have. 

It seems like whenever I try to be extra clever, extra graceful, or extra helpful, I end up tripping, falling or spilling. Or even worse, when my tongue seems to run counter to my brain... I just hate it when I say something and then ten seconds later the opposite happens (or sometimes even worse, EXACTLY what I have just said happens). Oh, irony....

Even the Greek poet Horace knows that, "Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled". 

Sometimes it just seems that we can't win. We think we have control, when in reality, life is pretty unpredictable. 

However, despite the annoyance of irony, there is beauty. If I was a magic genie and could predict everything, then life would definitely be dull. If I was always perfect and never failed at anything, then I would never learn. If I always had the answer to every problem, then I wouldn't be able cooperate with others to solve the problem as a team. 

Sometimes we just have to face the inevitable that failure allows us to grow. Maybe it's not fun to deal with at the time, but later, when you look back, you'll be astounded by what you've learned - and let's face it, sometimes those stories of failure are pretty funny to share too. 

Do you have a funny failure story? Have you ever said something that has cursed you? Comment with your stories below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment