Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Little Bit Daring



Every now and then, we are propelled into taking a step outside of our comfort zones. Sometimes it's because we are asked, and other times it is because we take it upon ourselves. Of course, taking that first step (or sometimes leap) of faith is not easy. It can prove to be very difficult and you may even dread it - I know I do from time to time. What we must remember though, is what we may feel like after we take a leap or step of faith, though.

Life is never predictable, and there will be things that will be thrown our ways that will be some of the trickiest, the happiest, or the saddest times of our lives. It's how we react to these situations that shapes us too. Learning to act and react with poise is key - keeping a cool head will help you maintain the proportion of the situation, and not let it get the best of you.

Being a creative, I am asked every day to take a step outside of my comfort zone. Yes, it's frightening, but it's also highly exhilarating! I have the opportunity to do something new every day, and I have been graced with the opportunity to create new ideas every day. It's a real blessing, and a real responsibility!

I am also asking myself again to take a few steps outside of my comfort zone and become even more of an open person. I know I can be quite shy sometimes, so I've been making an effort to increase my social strategies as well! Whether I'm just visiting a bit more in depth with a cashier at Wal-Mart or communicating the status of a project at work, I'm trying to implement a more conversational approach. As a very self-driven person, conversing with others sometimes doesn't get first priority, but I'm going to branch out a bit, and try it. I can still be professional and serious while incorporating a bit more fun. :)

Things I am grateful for:

1) Today's weather... it was GORGEOUS! I'll be running outside again before you know it! :)
2) A GREAT weekend of fun and relaxation, and of course spending time with Tyler! <3
3) That I'm feeling 100% healthy finally!!

Things I am positive about:

1) I'm positive that my creativity has been coming in leaps and bounds lately! It's almost like I can't contain all the ideas and brainstorms I have! It's thrilling!
2) All the wonderful memories that I've been trying to call back lately. It's crazy to think that I graduated almost a year ago already, and that I haven't worked at Pamida in almost a year! I am positive about my progress, and I'm positive about all that is to come!
3) I am positive about finding more time to do some simple things like reading, watching the latest episode of Downton Abbey, or meditating.

Three Goals for tomorrow:

1) Keep plugging away at putting ideas together, and keep giving 110% to all I do while having FUN
2) Remember to do my laundry and take out my garbage (I've been neglecting both of these things for days now! haha)
3) Start putting ideas together for the chair I'm going to create for the South Dakota Ad Federation Chair-ity fundraiser :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment