Thursday, February 7, 2013

When the Stars Go Blue


Have you ever heard this song by Tim McGraw or Ryan Adams? It's a beautiful song, really. Whenever I hear it, it takes me to deep place. Normally I'm pretty light, and whimsical, but I have to wonder how many times I've been the woman in this song... 

How many times have I danced like a marionette in her wooden shoes? How many times have I forgotten what truly makes *me* happy, and just gone with what the strings attached to me told me to do? It's easy to do, because that's what feels... safe. 

I know this song also seems to be a man singing how he will care for this girl no matter how much she's compromised herself. I have to wonder, is that 'man' God? Perhaps it could be... and perhaps we should consider it.

I know that spirituality is something I've been struggling with a lot lately. I find it hard to trust sometimes, and to give my life over to someone who isn't 'me'. I've had disappointments in my life, like many of you have, so of course, after you've been burned a few times, it's easy to get discouraged and lose faith. I'm also extremely self-reliant, so it's difficult for me to give up the very little control I do feel I have in my life, but it's so important! Once we give up our 'strings of life' and let God follow us and guide, even when we cannot see Him or understand Him, that's when we can find ultimate happiness.

Now, I'm not trying to claim that I do any of these things full-time. I'm fully aware that it's a commitment that has to be made every day, and I know I've had a lot of star-less days and nights lately, where I really don't feel like there's anything out there, but I know deep down that my feelings aren't true. Yes, I have felt discouraged lately, and a little lost, but I've also felt extremely creative in my professional life, and am starting to gain more confidence in myself. This journey to finding self-acceptance will also have to be a journey to accept God. God created me and knows everything about me, so maybe I should start asking Him a bit more often than I have. I think I should make it a full-time commitment. Maybe I'll find some more answers? Maybe I'll make some new discoveries? Maybe another purpose for my life will be revealed? I'm not really sure, but I'm not going to wait anymore. It's time to let go and let God.

Things I'm grateful for today:

1) The patience, dedication and enthusiasm of my co-workers
2) Running :)
3) Warmer temperatures

Things I'm positive about today:

1) I'm positive that I will awaken my spiritual connections, and learn to love and trust in God more
2) I'm positive about the progress I've been making with my clients at work, as well as the flood of creative ideas I've had lately
3) I'm positive about the level of focus I've had lately. Normally I'm more likely to space out and day-dream, but I've been very disciplined and focused lately, and have been more productive as a result.

Three Goals for Tomorrow:
1) Take 30 minutes to pray and meditate
2) Go to bed earlier.. ;)
3) Staying positive about all of my daily tasks and duties :)


No comments:

Post a Comment