Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happiness, Christmas Gifts, & Resolutions

Happiness is living life to its fullest~ a cheesy but true statement! I've been appreciating this simple thought more than ever lately! I've been relaxing, pampering, and even sleeping a few extra hours to make up for all of the sleep lost over the semester! It's truly been great! Although I know I've neglected my blog a little, I think I'm ready to be back in full force! :D Yay! It's really such a good outlet for me! :) So I hope you don't mind if I take a little time to get caught up with you! I'll be back to my more "creative" posts here soon too! :) I was really having fun with those! :D

Anyway! Obviously one of the major topics of the season is showing off what you got for Christmas! haha (Okay, so I know that this is kind of the commercial aspects of the season, but heck, we all enjoy it!) So, I wanted to take a moment to tell you some of my favorite gifts! Although, I will warn you, none of these gifts are ones that I can carry around or display! They are *much* better! Anyway, I had wished for my boyfriend Tyler to take me out to a nice dinner, and well he did! He took me out for a lovely evening at Johnny Carinos, and before that he had treated me to a 3D experience at the Carmike Theater! We watched the Adventures of Tin Tin, and I must say it was super cool! Although, I'm kind of hooked on 3D movies now ;) I saw that there was going to be a 3D version of the Titanic coming out too, and I about hyperventilated! LOL! After our supper he took me on a lovely drive through the Falls Park Winter Wonderland! It was beautiful! And so romantic! I even braved my atrocious fear of heights and ascended to the top of the tower to overlook the falls! (At least it was dark out so I couldn't see how high I was exactly ;) ) So, those are just a few of the gifts I received, and honestly it was the best Christmas ever! I remember last year at this time I was just getting to know him, and it's so amazing to see how far we've come! Our one year anniversary is coming up too, and I'll be sure to do another post about that too! (Only if you're interested of course!)

So, obviously after this wonderful Christmas experience, I had to think about some of the things to come! And this is where the resolution part comes in ;) First and foremost, I want to graduate--which will happen on May 6th, I believe. Second, I want to continue my health and fitness journey! I would love to become a certified step aerobics instructor, and I would like to accomplish that by this summer! Third, I want to continue being the best girlfriend that I can be. All that old time romance is not over-rated, people. Fourth, I want to keep being positive. I found this quote that says 'my mantra of the year' quite perfectly, and I'm going to leave you with this today.... Of course, I'm going to be creating more inspirational pieces for myself too (In much shorter postings) from now until the end of the year! :) So without further ado....

"This is the day you stare down every naysayer in your life who doesn't get it yet. Because you do. Finally. And now you know that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~Sarah Ban Breathnach

(PS I selected today's picture in accordance with the message of this quote. Are you afraid to be an individual? Are you afraid of letting your whole self out into the world? Free yourself. Let yourself go. Let the Light illuminate you--your beauty, your talents, and everything 'you'. :) )



No comments:

Post a Comment