Thursday, September 29, 2011

Unexpected Fate

We all have stories of unexpected things happening in our lives. Usually we can name some of the strangest scenarios, scariest stories, or the funny recaps of last weekend, at the drop of a hat, but we sometimes tend to forget the unexpected things that bring us so much joy. Let me tell you a little story...

College was a new start for me. I was able to branch out and make new friends. Sure, I stumbled a few times (heck, I fell flat on my face Sophomore year), but that's part of what life is all about. I was kind of lost those first two years as to who I was and what I wanted to do with my life. It was all so uncertain until Comp II with Dr. Laflin. He was my academic counselor, my friend, and most importantly, my inspiration. After a few weeks of being in the class I just *knew* that I was destined to be an English major, and I impulsively switched the next day. Let me just say that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made; I could not be happier in any other major. (I was pre-med before this!! and now all I can think about that is, "what the heck where you thinking?!?! Ha!) I love all of my classes and I appreciate all of my teachers who work so hard to come up with so many inventive and stimulating ideas and discussions...

My major change is not the only life-changing moment for me however...

Junior year: a fresh start. I was ready to build the person that I am today, so I worked myself so hard that at times, there were nights I'd stay up until 4:30 am just so that I would be "ready" to be my best the next day. I will admit there were times I thought I would never make it, but here I am, as a senior!!! Anyway, my junior year I finally started to take myself seriously and I took my friendships seriously, and there were times I was burned by fickle friendships, but sometimes the bad situations turn into good ones. There is one situation in particular that I can never say enough good things about... Stay tuned and I'll tell you the story next time! :D

Haha! wow... I really just ended with a cliff hanger? I'm so mean!!! Feel free to hate in the comments below ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment