Thursday, September 29, 2011

Starting somewhere...

I know that many of us have idols that we look up to for inspiration. Celebrities have been created, and branded, and placed in the spotlight, and many of us crave the same attention. We may view these people as having no flaws, stutters, or hang ups. We think that these people are always strong, and always were, but let me tell you:
Even strong people have to start somewhere. 
Someone, once upon a time, told me that I could be whatever I wanted and that I could be the best at it. Now, I finally believe this person. It's taken me many years, and countless times where I've completely doubted myself, but now I know: I have the makings to be someone inspirational. This may sound conceded, but I'm really not trying to make it sound that way.... All I'm trying to say is that I am fighting my hardest, and pushing my limits every single day because I *know* that there is so much to fight for. There is no reason to be careless. Who cares if it's *just* a silly assignment, or *just* a boring meeting? Show up and be there, and by "be there" I mean BE THERE 100% because otherwise there is no point. If you're not going to dedicate yourself, you're only cheating yourself. That's what it takes to be inspirational--dedication.

If you want something, you have to put all of yourself into it and you'll get it. This statement follows not only the laws of quantum physics, but it also follows common sense. So get up, and push yourself. Do one thing that is out of the ordinary for you. You might end up surprising yourself with what you can achieve. It can be as simple as participating in class (which involves actually reading an assignment!), walking a mile or two, or even just smiling and saying hi to a stranger. This may sound cheesy, but I promise, in a month or two, you'll notice a huge difference. On top of all of this, if you can learn to dedicate yourself, you can learn to believe in yourself, and believing in yourself is going to bring you a bright future (even brighter than all of those Hollywood lights). 

No comments:

Post a Comment