Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nothing Short of ...



Right now I'm enjoying the pleasure of sitting still, in a soft, quiet, semi-dark room, wrapped in a blanket, with my wet hair tied in a towel turban. I have no makeup on, nor worries in the world. I'm sipping on Diet Sierra Mist (still waiting to recover from the bad bout of stomach flu I suffered from on Monday night -yuck!), and thinking about how I really just want to eat my whole jar of Nutella that my half-awake conscience convinced me I needed to buy on my stop to the grocery store after work... dun. Dun. DUNN!

Oh the joys of being home alone just resting. I need more of this. Lately I have just been running. Not my normal definition of running either (my health/fitness goals within the last week have been totally trashed due to my horrendous outbreaks of sickness). Yes, I have been sick for the last 3 weeks. Yes, you read correctly 3 WEEKS. I had a cold, then was better for two days, then my body decided to get ANOTHER cold (which I'm still suffering from), and THEN my body decided to get the stomach flu. Coincidence? I think not. There's far too much stress in my life right now. It may not seem that way.. I usually have a way of coming off rather poised and on-top of things, but I am STRESSED. And tired. And ready for some time to feel truly HAPPY and POSITIVE again.

Okay, so enough of the whining already. I know that the first method to rid oneself of negativity is to no longer have negative thoughts. The more times one repeats negative thoughts the higher the likelihood that one's going to start believing it. It's kind of like that old wive's tale -- 'you are what you eat', which is still fairly true! You are what you say you are, and I'm ready to say that I'm not perfect, but I can be someone who can make a difference

I could go on and on about all the ways I want to make a difference. It does no good though if I don't actively pursue a way to get to those goals though, right? It's nothing short of an epiphany. 

So today, I'm challenging myself. I will write. Every day. 3 things I'm thankful for and 3 things I am positive about. I can also include 1-3 reasonable goals for myself. I will post every day, and you can follow along. It'll be a small experiment. I shall measure my happiness 90 days from now, and then we shall have results. 

So, without further ado, here are my lists for today: 

Things I am thankful for today: 

1) The feeling of a fresh-washed face
2) Time to snuggle with my bunny 
3) Forgiving myself for my short comings on this day

Things I am positive about today: 

1) I am positive that my stomach is finally on the mend
2) I am positive about the fact that I am still cavity-free and got a glowing report from the Dentist today
3) I am positive about how blessed I am to have such a loving and fun mother and sisters. I can always depend on them whenever I'm feeling down or lonely 

Goals for tomorrow:

1) Wake up 30 minutes earlier and walk or jog for 30 minutes 
2) Take some time to meditate and pray (again 30 minutes would be great) 
3) Do something nice for someone who doesn't expect it 

What are your goals? How about things your positive about or thankful for? Soon I shall create a pin-spiration board as well. I'll make sure to include a link once it's up and running :) Thanks again for all of your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment